Investment in property, recognised by the Ministry of Environment and Urbanisation, to be held for 3 years.
- Official name: Republic of Türkiye
- National anthem: The Independence March
- Location: Middle East
- Capital city: Ankara
- Official language: Turkish
- Sovereignty: 29 October 1923, the date on which Türkiye was proclaimed a republic
- Government type: Presidential republic
- Head of State: President
- Head of Government: President
- Basis of legal system: Swiss civil law; Italian civil law; German civil law
- Currency: Turkish lira
- Climate: Hot-summer Mediterranean climate
Deposit in a Turkish bank, recognised by the Counsil of Bank Audit and Regulation, to be held for 3 years.
Investment in Government bonds, recognised by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance, to be held for 3 years.
Fund share in real estate investment or venture capital investment, to be held for 3 years.
Investment in fixed capital, recognised by the Ministry of Industry and technology, to be held for 3 years.
Investment in private pension system, to be held for 3 years.
Creation of 50 jobs in Turkey recognised by the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Security.
- Launched in January 2017 and finding its basis in Türkiye’s Citizenship Law, Act No. 5901 and in Regulation 2016/9601, passed by the Council of Ministers on 12 December 2016
- Seven routes to economic citizenship
- Processing takes between three to six months on average, despite high application numbers
- No requirement to learn Turkish, to attend a mandatory interview, or to establish residence by physical presence
- The applicant must obtain an investor residence card and provide biometrics
- The decision on the grant of citizenship rests with Turkey’s President